This is going to be a working list of the cryptos that I feel have the best potential and ones I am willing to invest reasonable amounts into. These are also the cryptos that I will be willing to place large trades on as they have the liquidity and relative stability(if that is even possible in crypto). I am very open to feedback on this and I will adjust this list over time as needed.
Many people say that ultimately BTC or something similar will be the store of value and another coin will be used for transactions. I am not sure why one coin cannot do both. That being said if that scenario plays out, then I do think BTC will have a good shot at being the store of value.
I will just get the obvious out of the way. BTC and ETH make the list for obvious reasons. The rest will be detailed below.
- BTC and ETH
- Ripple – Easy one to add. Not one of the 1,000 BTC clones, addresses a real issue, huge backers. Real innovative tech that is truly distinct form BTC. One issue for investors? Massive supply. I’m keeping my eye on Stellar as well, but for now I see XRP as ahead of Stellar.
- Dash – A lot of potential, strong dev team. Fast transactions. Strong contender to be the coin that is actually used for microtransactions.
- IOTA – This is actually my favorite alt at the moment. By far the most innovative. Uses the tangle versus the blockchain. In theory this makes the network faster as more users come online versus the other way around. NO TRANSACTION FEES AND INSTANT TRANSACTIONS. I am sold on this one. It does have an absolutely massive supply. This in a way could be good for price stability in the event far off in the future it is used on a large scale for real world uses. It may have the effect of suppressing the price growth, but the tech is what has me sold.
Further Research Needed
- OMG/TENX – The attempt to integrate with existing payment systems is interesting. I am not sure which of these two is ahead or has more potential. I need to research these further
Coins not interested in, open to differing opinions
- BCH – I am not sure what they bring to the table that BTC itself cannot bring to the table if they desire to.
- LTC – Similar views as BCH
- XMR – Very similar to BTC with greater anonymity. Not different enough to me.
- NEO – Chinese Ethereum. Good team, but I do think ETH is better positioned.
This is where I sit right now. I am still researching further. I plan to be very selective and focus on hopefully less than 10, ideally less than 5 coins(outside of BTC and ETH.)
The advice provided on this website is general advice only. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs. Where quoted, past performance is not indicative of future performance.
SpeculateFreedom.com disclaim all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with any use or reliance on the information or advice on this site. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information on this website is no substitute for financial advice.
Also published on Medium.